Question Of The Day And Every Day: WHAT IS THE MOST POWERFUL WORD IN THE WORLD? How would you answer this question? Before you give your answer (oops, some of you already have), think in terms of impact. The power of words is undeniable. The course of nations has been altered by words. Families and individuals have been changed by words. Though collections of words have impacted people, families, nations, and cultures–there is a single word that is (in my humble opinion) that has the greatest impact of all.
Words have both a positive and a negative impact. They build up or they tear down. And it doesn’t take a plethora of words. There is a single word that will either obliterate or revolutionize a life, family, community, nation, culture–and even the world. So, what say ye? Do you know that word? Would you like to know what that word is? Really? Are you sure and for certain? Answer me–do you want to know the single most powerful word in the universe? Think you know it already? By the way, it only has 2 letters; no more and no less. Well. . .let’s see if you do.
IF is the single most powerful word that we can utter. What??? You just disagreed with me? Oh well, that’s ok–you can be wrong. Think about this word. IF describes outcomes–more specifically–different outcomes. IF is the sum of what could have been–or–what will be. IF is the cry from the ruins of a life broken, crushed, and annihilated by the wrong choices. IF expresses regret and remorse. IF is the sound of fading hope. IF is the ashes of dreams. That’s one way that IF is the most powerful word in the world.
But there is another side to IF that is diametrically different. IF can change your future into the best life possible. IF offers renewed hope and new dreams. IF will change the entire course of your life. IF will restore far more than life as it happens has ever taken away from you. IF is all about the only life you were ever created for–it’s the life worth fighting for IF that’s what you want. Here–let me show you the most powerful part of the most powerful word called IF:
- IF my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
- Even IF my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will hold me close. (Psalm 27:10)
- But if you live in life-union with me and IF my words live powerfully within you—then you can ask whatever you desire and it will be done. (John 15:7)
- IF we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. (Daniel 3:17)
- (And one of my personal favorites:) But IF we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
Hopefully, you can now see that IF is the most powerful word in the universe. And it’s all in how you use that word. Listen carefully to how YOU are using this word. Use it in the proper way, it changes everything. Use it in the wrong way, it changes everything.