News Flash! The U.S. Government is needing to buy new Intaglio Presses because their current supply is wearing out. . .and wearing out fast! As of 5:11 a.m. Central Daylight Savings Time, the U.S. National Debt is $28,430,725,597,463 and it’s growing. We have problems, serious problems in our nation; and it seems whether one is a Democrat or a Republican, the answer is SPEND SPEND SPEND AND SPEND SOME MORE! I have it from an unnamed source that the Treasury Department has had to install additional air conditioner units in order to keep their existing Intaglio Presses from overheating.
Both on the surface and through deep inspection, I am convinced that our leadership believes that all of our problems can be solved through the Intaglio Press. “Let’s just print more money to spend, and we can fix all of the problems!” And now at 5:19 a.m. Central Daylight Savings Time, the National Debt is now $28,430,747,205,478 and still rising. And I am left wondering, “If money can fix all of our problems, why ain’t they fixed yet?”
Call me Simple Simon, but I just don’t think nor believe that money is the answer to the problems facing our nation. Yet, this is the path that not only our government is pursuing, but countless lives are walking down. It is that proverbial primrose path that Shakespeare warned about in his epic play “Hamlet”. Hamlet’s sister Ophelia tried to warn him to do what is right–but Hamlet chose what appeared to be a path filled with fragrant flowers leading to great pleasure. Instead, it led to his own destruction. Was Shakespeare a prophet? Seems so.
If money isn’t the answer, what is the answer? We are facing complex issues and even more complex problems–as a nation and as individuals. Simplistic solutions will not work. But a Simple Solution will work. And it doesn’t start with the government nor Democrats nor Republicans nor Big Corporations nor even with a nation as a whole. It begins with a very small (compared to the total population) group. Would you like to know the process to end this madness?
Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.2 Chronicles 7:14 (NLT)
We’ve all seen this passage, especially since the COVID-19 pandemic began last year. But it’s not been applied correctly. There is a formula and process involved. Here’s how it works:
- If my people who are called by my name: not nations, people! Not Americans or Asians or Russians or Chinese. God’s People–people who have aligned themselves with God’s Rule over their life, and those who call themselves “Christians“.
- Will humble themselves: Stop thinking you are better than someone else. Stop believing you are right and they are wrong. Stop relying on your own intellect and abilities. Neither are much to write home about.
- And pray: God said PRAY not BLAME! I hear a lot of BLAME PRAYING today; and that’s just plain LAME! Go back to the second step–be concerned and focused on yourself!
- And seek my face: Not your image of God’s face–but God’s true face. Lay aside your preconceived notions about God and simply allow God to BE GOD!
- And turn from THEIR wicked ways: We’ve asked God to turn the Democrats around. We’ve asked God to turn the Republicans around. That ain’t working. Go back to Step One. It’s not the wicked ways of this nation, but our own failure to deal with the sin inside us. Until we Followers of Jesus deal with our problems, our nation’s problems cannot be resolved! If we, God’s people fail in this step, our nation will continue to fail!
- I will hear from heaven: This step is simple: Put our confidence in God. He says He is listening. We know He is good. Now really trust Him.
- And will forgive their sins: Not the sins of a nation–but the sins of people who claim to be followers of Jesus.
- And will restore their land! But we never arrive here, until we follow the complete process.
Spending more isn’t going to restore our land. Let’s spend more time on allowing God to restore us His People, then our land will be restored. And at 5:54 a.m. Central Daylight Savings Time our National Debt is $28,430,759,856,803 and rising.