I was thinking this morning about one of our grandson’s Ethan. He was nearly 3 years old. We were in the garage. Like most garages it had a lot of. . . stuff in it. Well, Ethan started at one corner and asked, “What’s that, Grandpa?” I told him and then he proceeded to journey around that garage with the same question: “What’s that Grandpa?” When we arrived at the starting point I expected the journey to end. Nope! He started it all over again: “What’s that Grandpa? What’s that Grandpa?”
This continued until I had to leave. But Ethan wasn’t through; he took Debbie by the hand and asked, “What’s that Grandma? What’s that Grandma?” I think they made a couple more trips around that garage with that question. So what does this little story have to do with Kingdom Life? Glad you asked. . .
- What do you see as you go through this day?
- What’s that in front of you?
- What do you see?
- What’s waiting just around the corner?
- What’s that down the road?
- What is that which is about to become the moment of a new journey for you?
- What caused that obstacle?
- What is going on in your coworker?
- What is that person dealing with in front of you at the check-out line?
- What did that person mean when they said something to you or another person?
- What will you do with the news you just received?
And, perhaps the most important “what” for you today:
What will you do?
Is today just another day? Or is today another adventure? Lots of questions, but I’m not going to give you any answers. Only you can answer these and similar questions. How you respond to the “what” questions of life depends on your perspective.
Love God with all your heart. Love others the way Jesus loves you. And make sure all the Glory goes to HIM!